Publications and Preprints
(reverse chronological order)
- Pandemics and Elections: Estimating the Net Effect of Anxiety and Partisanship. N. Hwang, H. Chang, S. Bhattacharyya, Y. Di, S. Chatterjee. Submitted.
- Are Remitters at Risk for Lower Food Security and Dietary Quality? An Exploratory Study of Mexican Immigrants in NYC. D. Cruz-Salazar, N. S. Hwang, S. Chatterjee, K. P. Derose, K. R. Flo ́rez. Submitted. Preprint: medRxiv 2022.12.20.22283288. DOI: 10.1101/2022.12.20.22283288.
- A dynamic mean-field statistical model of academic collaboration. S. Chatterjee, S. S. Mukherjee, and T. Sadhukhan. Submitted.
- Bayesian Change Point Detection: An Application to Detect Trend Changes in COVID-19. R. Siddani, S. Chatterjee, and C. Fuentes. Submitted.
- Concentration inequalities for correlated network-valued processes with applications to community estimation and changepoint analysis. S. Chatterjee, A. Nath, S. S. Mukherjee, S. Chatterjee, and S. Bhattacharyya. Submitted. Abstract. Preprint: arXiv 2208.01365.
- Mathematics of YACHT (Yet Another Covid Health Testing) Protocol for Epidemic Management. I. Enaganti, S. Chatterjee, and B. Misgra. Submitted. Abstract. Preprint: preprints 202204.0031.
- Towards Optimal Tracing Strategy in Pandemics with Applications to Covid-19. I. Enaganti, S. Chatterjee, K. Meel, and B. Mishra. Submitted. Abstract.
- Consistent detection and optimal localization of all detectable change points in piecewise stationary arbitrarily sparse network-sequences. S. Chatterjee, S. Bhattacharyya, and S. S. Mukherjee. Submitted. Preprint: arXiv 2009.02112.
- Consistent Community Detection for Complex Multilayer Networks under Near-Optimal Sparsity Conditions. S. Bhattacharyya and S. Chatterjee. Submitted. Preprint arXiv 2004.03480.
- Subcritical connectivity and some exact tailexponents in high dimensional percolation. S. Chatterjee, J. Hanson, and P. Sosoe. To appear in Communications in Mathematical Physics, 2023. Preprint: arXiv 2107.14347.
- On the estimation of the number of communities for sparse networks. N. Hwang, J. Xu, S. Chatterjee, and S. Bhattacharyya. To appear in the Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2023. Abstract.
- Getting Local and Personal: Toward Building a Predictive Model for COVID in Three United States Cities. A. Edwards, L. Metcalf, W. A. Casey, S. Chatterjee, H. Janwa, and E. Battifarano. ITNG 2023 20th International Conference on Information Technology-New Generations, (2023), vol. 1445 of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, ISBN 978-3-031-28332-1, pages 11–18, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-031-28332-1_2. Paper.
- Detection of Temporal Shifts in Semantics of “China virus” Using Local Graph Clustering. N. Hwang, S. Chatterjee, Y. Di, and S. Bhattacharyya. Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction (2022), vol. 5, no. 1, pages 128-143. DOI: 10.3390/make5010008. Part of the Special Issue Deep Learning Methods for Natural Language Processing.
- Changes over Time in Association Patterns between Estimated COVID-19 Case Fatality Rates and Demographic, Socioeconomic and Health Factors in the US States of Florida and New York. M. Joshi, Y. Di, S. Bhattacharyya, and S. Chatterjee. COVID (2022), vol. 2, no. 10, pages 1417--1434. DOI: 10.3390/covid2100102.
- Towards Explainable Precision Change-point Detection Through Linear Decomposition. T. Dinkins, S. Bhattacharyya, S. Chatterjee, S. Reis, and W. Wong. ANDEA 2022, The 2nd Workshop on Anomaly and Novelty Detection, Explanation and Accommodation, (2022).
- The effect of avoiding known infected neighbors on the persistence of a recurring infection process. S. Chatterjee, D. Sivakoff, and M. Wascher. The Electronic Journal of Probability (2022), vol. 27, paper no. 109, pages 1--40, DOI: 10.1214/22-EJP836.
- Observational Study of the Effect of the Juvenile Stay-At-Home Order on SARS-CoV-2 Infection Spread in Saline County, Arkansas. N. Hwang, S. Chatterjee, Y. Di, and S. Bhattacharyya. Statistics and Public policy (2022), vol. 9, no. 1, pages 74–84. DOI: 10.1080/2330443X.2022.2050326.
- A general framework for spatio-temporal modeling of epidemics with multiple epicenters: Application to an aerially dispersed plant pathogen.
M. Ojwang, T. D. Ruiz, S. Chattejee, S. Bhattacharyya, P. S. Ojiambo, and D. Gent.
Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, section Dynamical Systems, vol. 7.
DOI: 10.3389/fams.2021.721352. Selected for "Outstanding Article award" for the journal Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Featured in the dedicated collection "2021 Editor's Pick: Applied Mathematics and Statistics".
- The Bethe Hessian and Information Theoretic Approaches for Online Change-Point Detection in Network Data. N. Hwang, J. Xu, S. Chatterjee, and S. Bhattacharyya. Sankhya A: The Indian Journal of Statistics (2021), vol. 84, no. 1, pages 283–320. DOI: 10.1007/s13171-021-00248-1.
- Bacterial Swarmers Enriched during Intestinal Stress Ameliorate Damage. W. Chen, A. De, H. Li, D. J. Lukin, W. Szymczak, K. Sun, L. Kelly, J. R. Wright, R. Lamendella, S. Ghosh, D. B. Kearns, Z. He, C. Jobin, X. Luo, A. Byju, B. San Yeoh, M. Vijay-Kumar, J. X. Tang, S. Mani. Gastroenterology (2021), vol. 161, no. 1, pages 211--224.
- Using Attendance Data for Social Network Analysis of a Community-Engaged Research Partnership. K. S. Vasquez, S. Chatterjee, C. Khalida, D. Moftah, B. DO ́razio, A. Leinberger-Jabari, J. N. Tobin, and R. G. Kost. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science (2021), vol. 5, no. 1, E75, pages 1--13. DOI:10.1017/cts.2020.571.
- Restricted percolation critical exponents in high dimensions. S. Chatterjee and J. Hanson. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics (2020), vol. 73, no. 11, pages 2370--2429. DOI: 10.1002/cpa.21938.
- Targeting the Pregnane X Receptor Using Microbial Metabolite Mimicry. Z. Dvorak, F. Kopp, C. M. Costello, J. S. Kemp, H. Li, A. Vrzalov ́a, M. Stepankov ́a, I. Bartonkov ́a, E. Jiskrov ́a, K. Poulkova, B. Vyhldalova, L. U. Nordstroem, C. V. Karunaratne, H. S. Ranhotra, K. S. Mun, A. P. Naren, I. A. Murray, G. H. Perdew, J. Brtko, L. Toporova, A. Schn, W. G. Wallace, W. G. Walton, M. R. Redinbo, K. Sun, A. Beck, S. Kortagere, M. C. Neary, A. Chandran, S. Vishveshwara, M. M. Cavalluzzi, G. Lentini, J. Y. Cui, H. Gu, J. C. March, A. Matson, D. Wright, K. L. Flannigan, S. A. Hirota, R. B. Sartor, S. Mani. EMBO Molecumar Medicine (Cover page) (2020), vol. 12, no. 4, pages e11621. DOI: 10.15252/emmm.201911621.
- Consistent Recovery of Communities from Sparse Multi-relational Networks: A Scalable Algorithm with Optimal Recovery Conditions. S. Bhattacharyya and S. Chatterjee. Complex Networks XI, Proceedings of the 11th Conference on Complex Networks CompleNet 2020, (2020), pages 92--103.
Optimal change point estimator for network data. S. Bhattacharyya, S. Chatterjee, and S. S. Mukherjee. Book of Abstract of COMPLEX NETWORKS 2019, the 8th International Conference on Complex Networks & their Applications (2019), pages 375 - 377.
- Thresholds for Detecting an Anomalous Path from Noisy Environments. S. Chatterjee and O. Zeitouni. The Annals of Applied Probability (2018), vol. 28, no. 5, pages 2635-2663.
- Phase transition for the threshold contact process, an approximation of heterogeneous random Boolean networks. S. Chatterjee. Probability Theory and Related Fields (2016), vol. 165, no. 3, pages 985-1023.
- Multiple phase transitions in long-range first-passage percolation on square lattices. S. Chatterjee and P. S. Dey. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics (2016), vol. 69, no. 2, pages 203 - 256.
- Jigsaw percolation: What social networks can collaboratively solve a puzzle? C. D. Brummitt, S. Chatterjee, P. S. Dey, and D. Sivakoff. The Annals of Applied Probability (2015), vol. 25, no.~4, pages 2013 - 2038.
- A first order phase transition in the threshold-θ≥ 2 contact process on random r-regular graphs and r-trees. S. Chatterjee and R. Durrett. Stochastic Processes and Their Applications (2013), vol. 123, no. 2, pages 561-578.
- Asymptotic Behavior of Aldous' Gossip Process. S. Chatterjee and R. Durrett. The Annals of Applied Probability (2011), vol. 21, no. 6, pages 2447-2482.
- Persistence of Activity in Threshold Contact Processes, an "Annealed Approximation" of Random Boolean Networks. S. Chatterjee and R. Durrett. Random Structures & Algorithms (2011), vol. 39, no. 2, pages 228 - 246.
- Contact processes on random graphs with power-law degree distributions have critical value 0. S. Chatterjee and R. Durrett. The Annals of Probability (2009), vol. 37, no. 6, pages 2332-2356.
- Statistical Learning Based on High Dimensional Data: some issues and remedies for high dimensionality in clustering and classification. Masters Thesis, supervised by Prof. Debasis Sengupta and Prof. Probal Chaudhuri, Indian Statistical Institute, 2006.
- Consistent Community Detection Algorithms for Multiple Heterogeneous Sparse Networks.
- Detection of An Anomalous Path from a Noisy Environment.
- Order-chaos phase transition for complex Boolean networks.
- Long-range first-passage percolation on square lattices.
- Latent Voter model on random regular graph.
- Threshold-two contact process on random regular graphs.
- Aldous' Gossip process.
- Random Boolean Network.
- Contact process on power-law random graphs.